We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

Can anyone please update me on the parking situation at Anacortes ferry terminal for the Civic holiday weekend? We will be arriving at 7:00 pm Friday night to the ferry terminal for the 8:20 pm ferry. Will we have difficulty obtaining a parking spot? Any suggestions or comments welcome.

7 replies to this topic
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

I don't think the lot fills though you can call or email and make sure. Especially on the Friday I think you'd be fine--people will still be coming Sat and Sun to do walk on day trips.

https:/…contact.htm

The website also has this number as one specific to the Anacortes terminal.

Contact (206)729-0241 for additional parking information. For weekend service between 8AM and 6PM please contact (360)239-7397.

Do you mean Labor Day weekend?

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
2. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

…wa.gov/ferries/vesselwatch/terminals.aspx

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

That link shows available spaces for driving on the ferry, not parking.

toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

Thanks for the information!

Washington
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

Hi onthebeach44,

I assume you are speaking about the Labor Day weekend holiday, beginning Friday, Sept 1?

That is a very busy holiday travel weekend, the last of the summer, so know that highways and ferry travel will be jammed. There are multiple large parking lots around the terminal, some a healthy walking distance. There are 1200+ parking spots in Anacortes. Make sure you are comfortable walking, and can handle your luggage or gear if you have any. I am glad you have 1 hour 20 minutes prior to the ferry, as that gives you a cushion to find parking, pay for parking, walk to the terminal, get your tickets, etc. You should be fine. But as ferry travel goes, nothing is a guarantee.

Many years ago, despite my best planning, I hit traffic and arrived later than expected at the Anacortes terminal on a busy weekend. The parking lots were jammed. After driving around, I was able to find one of the few available spots, in the furthest away lot, and I will tell you, it was very, very stressful - I have never run so fast for a ferry with three little kids in tow - and ultimately I missed the boat. I sat on the beach and cried :-( Lucky for me we found ice cream for the kids and there was another ferry to Lopez later that day.

Not knowing all your travel specifics, I tell you this only to share my experience. If you have an event that you absolutely cannot miss (i.e.; a wedding) or if you are trying to make the last ferry of the day, build in extra time or have a back-up plan. Do know that if you are coming from Seattle on a Friday summer afternoon/holiday weekend, expect heavy traffic our region beginning early afternoon, and adjust your travel times accordingly.

You may have already found this - but below is the parking lot info from the Anacortes Ferry website.

"Paid parking is in effect at the Anacortes Terminal for the peak season, May 1-September 30. The applicable rate will be charged for all parking spaces, excluding disabled parking spaces.

1 day (0-24 hours) - $10.00

2 days (24-48 hours) - $20.00

3 days (48-72 hours) - $25.00

4 days (72-96 hours) - $30.00

One week (7 days/168 hours) - $40.00

8 days - $50.00

9 days - $60.00

10 days - $70.00

14 days - $80.00

15 days - $90.00

16 days - $100.00

17 days - $110.00

21 days - $120.00

RVs, unoccupied (up to 24 hours) $20.00

Calendar Month Permit (plus tax) - $90.00

Season permit (5/1 to 9/30) - $356.63

There is a lower lot close to the terminal building, which provides parking for disabled customers as well as others, and there is an expanded parking area up the hill and to the left of the terminal.

Park & Pay for up to three weeks at one of the six conveniently located electronic pay boxes with credit card. Parking spaces cannot be reserved in advance. To remotely add time call Call To Park at 1-877-647-4707. You will need to know your Stall #, Station #124939 and your license number. Contact (206)729-0241 for additional parking information. For weekend service between 8AM and 6PM please contact (360)239-7397.

Customers wishing to purchase a monthly or seasonal permit may call Diamond Parking Services at 1-800-828-4197 or purchase online at Diamond Parking. Please order your monthly permit by the 15th of the prior month to ensure timely receipt of your permit.

There is no charge for disabled parking customers displaying a valid disabled parking placard or license plate. There are 18 ADA spaces available. It’s important to note that when all the sign posted ADA spaces are filled in a WSF lot, customers are allowed to park in any empty space, for free, with their ADA placard, except those spaces reserved for other uses (e.g., carpool and Ferry System employee vehicles).

toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

Actually referring to this weekend (Canadian long weekend). Thanks so much for all of the information...very helpful and much appreciated.

Tacoma, Washington
1 post
7. Re: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking

We will be taking the first ferry to Orcas Island on August 12, 2017. And we will be walk ons. Where can we park at the terminal and what is the cost?

Reply to: Anacortes Ferry Terminal Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted