We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant suggestions - near Crystal City area?

LOL, FL
Level Contributor
312 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant suggestions - near Crystal City area?

Had to change our plans so we decided to stay in Arlington.

Would appreciate suggestions as to mid-priced restaurants in area, sports bar types, chains, etc.

Thanks!

Barbara

Coventry...
Level Contributor
75 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant suggestions - near Crystal City area?

I think you will find plenty of dining options right in Arlington. My wife and I explored the "old-town" area (King St.) last April. It's a fun area with a lot of nice shops and dining. We walked King St from the train station right down to the waterfront park. Our favorite restaurant find there was Southside 815. It's a few blocks away from the rest, but easily walkable. It was a cool hopping place with a varied menu at reasonable prices. Also, don't hesitate to take the Metro if you want to explore Crystal City. It is only 2-3 stops away from Arlington. There are a lot of choices on 23rd St in Crystal City. We liked the Cantina Mexican restaurant there.

Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant suggestions - near Crystal City area?

There's a list of Crystal City restaurants here:

www.crystalcity.org/area/play/restaurants

I particularly like Jaleo (Spanish tapas) and Good Stuff Eatery (burger chain run by Spike Mendelsohn of "Top Chef" fame),

3. Re: restaurant suggestions - near Crystal City area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2014