We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Alexandria

Dayton Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Alexandria

I have an interview in Woodbridge. I want to stay in Alexandria. What is best way to get out to Woodbridge. Should I just rent a car for the day. Our hotel has free airport shuttle so thought I could avoid renting car at airport and just use hole shuttle and perhaps rent a car for a day to go to interview on Woodbridge. Thoughts!

Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Alexandria

Depending on where you are staying in Alexandria, you could take I-95 or US 1 to Woodbridge. Assuming you are driving there in the morning and not during the evening rush hour, it would take around 30 - 40 minutes.

Having a car would be the easiest way to get to Woodbridge from Alexandria, but not the least expensive. If you are on a tight budget, it can be done with a combination of Metrorail, Omniride Bus and a taxi to your final destination. Check the Trip Planner feature of the Metro website for details:www.wmata.com

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
548 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Alexandria

Ukateso:

I will add to Mathlover's comments above. There are two Alexandria's; the City of Alexandria, and Alexandria, Fairfax County. Fairfax County Alexandria is generally divided by the Beltway. Whereas, City of Alexandria is inside the beltway.

Depending on your motivation for staying in Alexandria (the historic district located in the City or near friends) will assist in further helping answer your questions. Further, the time of day might complicate your interview, so would be helpful to know when you need to be in Woodbridge.

Woodbridge is approximately 20 miles depending on the route, which can be a 90 minute commute or worse during rush hour! Rental cars can be found in suburban mall locations depending on where in Alexandria you are staying so would be the BEST solution for a single day. If you stay in the historic core and are a member of Zip Cars, there are several locations for hourly rentals, which might be a good solution alternative.

Provide more info and we are happy to assist you here.

3. Re: Staying in Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 31, 2013