We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regan Airport to Westin Alexandria?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Topic
Regan Airport to Westin Alexandria?

What's my best bet for getting from the airport (Regan) to the Westin Alexandria (400 Courthouse Square). I'm checking the web for info on the metro, but I read somewhere that this may not be the best option. Is a cab the way to go?

Thanks.

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regan Airport to Westin Alexandria?

Best option? : A cab is more convenient with luggage, easier (no smart card or fare cards to buy) and faster than the Metro. But it is more expensive and it's not hard in this particular case to use the subway.

The Westin Alexandria is about three blocks away from the KIng Street Metro (subway) station. King street station is the second stops after you get on at Ronald Reagan airport and you can get either one of both of the train lines (blue or yellow) heading in the direction of Franconia or Huntington

Since neither the cabs sitting at the airport, nor the subway requires reservations, you can see how you feel, what the weather is like, if you want to walk three blocks and look for your hotel carrying luggage, or buy farecards, and make up your mind once you arrive. Take a look at this FAQ guide our fellow DEs over at the DC forum have put together on using the metro. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k418071…

Don't forget about the free King Street trolley once you are in your hotel. I see that some TA posters who stayed there walked the entire way down to the waterfront and thought it was long. I'd ride the trolley down and walk back although you can take the trolley back too.

Enjoy your visit

Charm

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regan Airport to Westin Alexandria?

Thanks, Charm. Excellent info. I ended up taking a cab, as I did not feel like dragging my luggage from the King Street Station to the Westin. The cab from Reagan to the Westin Alexandria cost $21.39 (or something odd like that), so $25 with tip (I hope that was not short). I did not note the duration of the cab ride, but from the time I touched down at Reagan to the time I was in my room was 45 minutes, so pretty darn quick.

I hope to have some time to explore a bit. The info on the trolley and the TQ link are quite useful.

Thanks again,

OH

3. Re: Regan Airport to Westin Alexandria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 22, 2013