We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late hour returns

Lacygne, Ks
Level Contributor
53 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
late hour returns

We will be staying in an Alexandria hotel (on Van dorn) that says it has a shuttle to the metro but only until 10 pm. We are interested in taking the night tour of the monuments but it ends at 10. I know we can take the metro back to Alexandria but am worried about getting to the hotel from the last stop. Are there taxis available nearby somehow? I'm sure we don't want to take a taxi from Union station in DC but not sure what to do. Call the hotel and see what they suggest???

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
537 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late hour returns

Plenty of cabs sit at the King Street Metro or adjacent cab stands at the hotels that align King near the Metro station. Depending on where on Van Dorn Street you are staying....this assumption is predicated on you staying in the Landmark/Seminary Rd area...take a cab from King Street Metro (blue or yellow line). If you are staying on Van Dorn near the beltway, take the blue line to Van Dorn station and catch or call a cab. A local cab company can be called in the event there is not one waiting for you at Van Dorn station.

Alexandria Yellow Cab -(703) 549-2500

Alexandria White Top Cab -(703) 683-4004

Hope this is helpful.

Lacygne, Ks
Level Contributor
53 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late hour returns

Thank you so very much for the information. I will take those numbers with me!

3. Re: late hour returns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 24, 2012