We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic picnic spot w/in an hour or two of Alexandria?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
romantic picnic spot w/in an hour or two of Alexandria?

I am looking for a romantic spot for abirthday picnic within an hour or two of Alexandria for next weekend. We don't mind hiking out to the location if it is through the woods. I'm familiar with all the DC locations so I am hoping to get away from the city for this.

Thanks!

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic picnic spot w/in an hour or two of Alexandria?

Ah, but Romance is in the eye of the beholder. Some would like Skyline Drive mountain views and meadows, some Great Falls.

We personally like the non tourist part of the Alexandria waterfront going from the Boathouse up to the coal power plant. In between,. there is a miniature Washington monument at the foot of an office building sculpture that has a brick concentric circles to sit on by the water.

The views from the Iowa Jima lawn are great.

There are pinic tables along the river at the turnoff for Belle Haven marina and marsh Dyke off of the GW parkway heading out to Mt. Vernon.

That's what I'm familiar with in the Alexandria immediate area

Charm

2. Re: romantic picnic spot w/in an hour or two of Alexandria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 11, 2012