We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Parking Pass at Visitor Center worth it?

NJ
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Free Parking Pass at Visitor Center worth it?

Hi, we're planning on using the free parking pass which I heard it's renewable for 2 days. Is it easy to find parking along King Street near Metro? Is it worth it or is it hard to find parking? Wondering if we should just pay the fee of $24 a day at Embassy Suites..ouch!

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Parking Pass at Visitor Center worth it?

Well since the Parking Pass is absolutely FREE, you really don't lose anything if you get it and never use it.. so Yes, I would say it's "worth it". I just called the Visitor's center and they said that the parking permit can only be renewed one time. So you do get 2 days, but only one day at a time. It lets you park at the meter without paying for 24 hours from when they issue it.

Take a look at Bbbyer's excellent post on this very question by clicking on "parking" in the top questions at the upper right of this forum which discusses parking at length and one visitor's experience.

Parking spaces are very hard to predict. sometimes we find one very easily, others time not. But you can get the pass, and if you don't find parking, then pay the hotel.

Finally the thread right under this one (Parking at King Metro) also gives advice on Embassy suite parking and has yet one more alternative offered by AVGeb:

parking at a private lot next to Eisenhower metro, one stop away from King Street -

Enjoy your visit

Charm

Edited: 1:57 pm, July 14, 2010
2. Re: Free Parking Pass at Visitor Center worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 11, 2011