We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

Solon, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

Staying at the Hilton Garden Courthouse over Memorial Day weekend.

Map shows two blocks to Metro stop- is it safe to walk?

If we do an evening show at the Kennedy, take the Metro back or cab it?

Same for the Memorial Day concert on the Mall?

Is Georgetown easily accessible?

and finally

Just my wife and I, mid- 50's, restaurant suggestions, prefer to avoid very high end- open to all cuisine types.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
551 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

Walk to Metro at Courthouse is safe. to walk to and from the Metro.

My advice is to take the hotel shuttle to the Rosslyn station and walk across the Key Bridge to G. Town. It's a healthy walk and frankly...it's probably equal distance to reach given your choices of Foggy Bottom or Rosslyn...probably even shorter since the Gtown action is really at Wisconson and M Sts.

As for the restaurants....they are plentiful and half the fun is walking the streets and figuring out what sounds good and meets your price limits. My favorite is Clydes.

As for the Kennedy Center....cab it! It is not pedestrian friendly....at least from my perspective (maybe someone will weigh in here).

For the Concert...you will be on the Orange line. Follow the signs and exit at La Enfant Plaza station and follow the signs to the closest exit towards the Capitol. The exit is about 2 blocks from the entrance to the park at the Capital building.

Don't forget this weekend is Rolling Thunder! Save some time and head to Arlington Cemetery exit on the blue line and park near the Memorial Bridge to witness nearly a million bikers honoring Vietnam Vets as they drive from the Pentagon past the VV Memorial. It's awe inspiring!

Also, consider taking some time to visit Old Town Alexandria if you have never been. More restaurant choices and less insanity than Gtown, which trends towards a younger crowd. Blue line to King Street.

Hope this is helpful.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

If you want to Metro to the KC, go to Foggy Bottom station and then take one of the free KC shuttle buses.

"The Foggy Bottom/George Washington University Station (on the Orange and Blue lines, at 23rd and I streets, NW) , is the stop closest to the Kennedy Center. From there it is a short walk via New Hampshire Avenue OR use our FREE Kennedy Center Shuttle (signs are towards the left as you exit the escalator). The shuttle departs every 15 minutes from 9:45 a.m.-Midnight Monday-Friday, and 10 a.m.-Midnight Saturdays, and noon-Midnight Sundays and 4:00 p.m.-Midnight on Federal holidays."

Solon, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

Very Helpful- Thanks so much

4. Re: HGI Arlington Courthouse and area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 24, 2010