We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area to stay in for long weekend before Redskins game?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Area to stay in for long weekend before Redskins game?

Hello all.

Looking for advice on what section/neighborhood of the DC metro area to stay for a long weekend with the main event being the Redskin's game on Sept 16 at 1pm. We are driving to the game to tailgate and are staying over after the game.

I would always stay in Alexandria in the past but am considering other options.

2 adults, 2 kids under 6. Will have a car. Thinking of Airbnb over a hotel to have more room. (or convince me to stay in a hotel instead.)

Places we're planning on hitting besides the game:

National Zoo

Smithsonian and DC Mall area

Gravelly Point Park

Old Town Alexandria

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Edited: 1:00 pm, July 17, 2018
2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area to stay in for long weekend before Redskins game?

If you have not already done so, you might want to post on the DC forum. You should include exact dates of your visit, number of beds needed and budget (including parking, which can be as much as $50 per night in a DC hotel).

Without knowing more, I’d recommend the PennQuarter/Chinatown, Dupont Circle or Downtown/Convention Center areas. Outside of DC, I’d recommend the Crystal City or Rosslyn areas of Arlington. (Choose a hotel within walking distance of either the Crystal City or Rosslyn Metro stations.)

For information on AirB&Bs, find posts on the DC forum by Victoriam as she is the “resident expert”.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area to stay in for long weekend before Redskins game?

Thanks for the tips. I'll post in the DC forum.

Reply to: Area to stay in for long weekend before Redskins game?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted