We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

Which Abingdon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monteagle, Tennessee
Level Contributor
123 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

We are planning on staying the Copper Lantern Inn in Abingdon, VA for the Bristol race in March. Has anyone stayed at the Inn before?

There was no reference to it in the TA. It says it has been bought and remodeled in 2002. Does anyone have any good recommendations for food and for shops? I am interested in Antique Shops.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

I am not familiar with the Copper Lantern. However, you'll find many wonderful antique shops all along West Main. I can't recall the names, but they're clustered together which makes for a fine afternoon. Check my Go-List:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i802-Life_in_th…

Besides Withers Hardware for lunch or dinner, there are several cute sandwich shops. Starving Artists' Cafe is a must. Martha Washington Inn is also a must. Even the little deli at the Barter Theater II is pretty decent.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

What a lovely place online. Beautiful furnishings. Here's a nice article I read in Southern Living Magazine last spring on Abingdon with reference to Copper Lantern: findarticles.com/p/…ai_n16123466

And I did find compliments on it on this blog: …blogspot.com/2006/…trip-to-abingdon-va.html

I wish I could find that they had affiliations or membership in groups that do impromptu or incognito inspections, such as the Va. state b&b association or triple A....although I don't know about triple A's standards anymore with what I've seen in travels the last couple of years. Let us know how you enjoy it.

Monteagle, Tennessee
Level Contributor
123 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

I tried the blog you mentioned but you have to be an invited guest. Was it a good review on the Copper Lantern? I certainly will come back and let everyone know how it went.

Jacksonville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

We stayed at the Martha Washington Inn in Sept. It was absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed the large saltwater pool for an early morning swim. I was only there one night and didn't get to see many shops. I walked down from the Martha toward the old Tavern and only saw a couple of shops. Maybe I should have headed the other way? Any suggestions for my next visit on where the shops are located. Of course I should have asked at the front desk of the Inn but didn't think about it before I struck out on my own. Anyway I will definitely go back to see "Martha" again!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

Love the Martha Washington. In the summer, there are rocking chairs lined up on the veranda and tables with large silver pitchers of lemonade and iced tea awaiting guests home from their touring. Christee, yes the review of Abingdon and the Copper Lantern was a good one. Let us know how you like it. All the best.

Lenoir City, TN
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

They have a website

http://copperlanterninn.com/

7. Re: Has anyone stay at Copper Lantern Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Abingdon