We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Anyone know when the flowers will peak this year? How will they be with conditions so dry this year?

Draper, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Kbecjeans: We saw one patch of Columbine along the creek just below the campground. I am used to so much more. It must be all the dry weather we had for the last two months. We walked from the base parking lot up next to Sunnyside (in the trees), through the wide open field under Catherine's Pass parking lot, and past Sugarloaf lift to the campground. I'll add the picture I took to my Flickr photostream: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjATSXSA

And Tumbleweed: It's beautiful any time of year and you will still have some flowers so enjoy!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,265 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Well they weren't up there earlier, so maybe just not a great flower year. It happens. Still is beautiful

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Thanks for all the info. I am hoping to get up there soon.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

We were there the 25th. Still absolutely beautiful and decent diversity, but compared to our visit last year in August it was a little anti-climactic! I unfortunately don't know all of the names of the flowers, but most colors were represented, just not very concentrated. BUT, for our guests from NYC, they were very impressed! :)

Mentioned in this post
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,940 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

Just spent the weekend at Alta Lodge and two days roaming amidst the wildflowers. Definitely past peak, but still truly remarkable. I'll have more of a gallery later but here's a sample of what we saw:

www.flickr.com/photos/tkellyphoto/7669928958

The fields along the Albion Basin trail from the Albion lift base up to Alf's Restaurant are amazing. But the most spectacular fields are midway up the Germania Pass trail from there, west of Cecret Lake. Absolutely breathtaking! FYI, much less on the Cecret Lake Trail itself.

Mentioned in this post
Alta Lodge
Alta Lodge
172 Reviews
Alta, UT
16. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, April 09, 2016