We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

Hi, my friends and I (without our husbands or kids) are headed to San Antonio via Austin and San Marcos. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Austin.

Could you please recommend a few places that we might go to eat and/or for drinks. Any areas to walk around nearby? Not looking for anything fancy and we are not looking for a family atmosphere :)

I have been to Shady Grove and to Chuy's.

Thank you in advance- Katherine

Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

a cool vibe is getting traditional seating at Kyoto's (japanese restaurant) on Congress and then go to the basement after for some music and drinks - Jazz Club called the Elephant Room - older crowd and, if you get a table in the back - you can still have decent conversation

Level Contributor
357 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

The Warehouse District has plenty of restaurants and bars. Just head north on Congress after your stop at Elephant Room ;-) and you'll come to Fourth Street. Turn left, or west, and walk until you get to a place that looks interesting. The crowd here is a little older, I'd say mainly upper 20s, younger 30s, but those of us in our 40s and 50s don't feel out of place.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

You might head out S. Congress to Doc's Motorworks. Burgers and you can watch the people go by while you enjoy your margaritas. Easy to get to. Then stroll back to the Hyatt, stopping at Amy's for an ice cream.

Have fun!

Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

nonnative texan, austinist and yankee transplant,

Thank you for your responses! I think these give us a few choices. I am going with an Irish and a Brazilian and I am an Aggie... this sounds like a bad joke, anyway they both live in Texas now, and have not ventured out in Austin yet. People watching is at its best in Austin... sounds like these places will give us that AND Margaritas!

Thanks again, Katherine

5. Re: Friday night Oct... 3 housewives need ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 21, 2009