We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austin Texas Hotels

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Austin Texas Hotels

We will be staying in Austin for 3 days and will see the "highlights." We like to walk, wander around, etc. What area of Austin is best to be near things or is everything so spread out that we could stay anywhere safe?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austin Texas Hotels

Stay downtown, especially if you are not renting a car. Look at past Austin posting for tons of sightseeing advice and YouTube video links of tourist attractions or click on my name. I post lots of links in my responses about Austin. Your questions will be answered in your surfing and then you will also get a few answer here.

Having surgery in 48 hours and no time to be more specific. Have fun!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austin Texas Hotels

Sue C, as Georgetowngal mentioned, downtown is really the place to be for visitors who want to experience what makes Austin special. The downtown core is easily walkable to shops and restaurants, and you can easily see just about everything in town in three full days. What sort of things were you hoping to do while visiting?

3. Re: Austin Texas Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 18, 2014