We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks all for your great relocation info!

scottsdale, az
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks all for your great relocation info!

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyone who has responded to my posts about relocation. First off, we've definitely decided to relocate to Austin. We are really excited about the changes ahead!

We've narrowed down our search to the River Place/Steiner Ranch area and got hooked up with a realtor as well. We're about 45 minutes from downtown here in Phoenix, so it won't be much different in moving, it appears. We'll be back in town over the next few months to hopefully look seriously at some properties and pull the trigger.

I'm sure I'll be back again with more questions! Thank you again!

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
425 Reviews
Austin, TX
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks all for your great relocation info!

That's great - you've chosen an attractive and popular area!

www.austintexas.org is the web site for the visitor's center. Click on and order the free packet to get the visitor's guide - some very helpful information in there as well as web sites you'll want to check out for future visits. The Chamber of Commerce has a relocation packet for $18. but your realtor will probably provide that!

When you return to seriously look at properties be sure and check the football schedule for UT. It's harder to get a hotel room on home game weekends! Another time to watch for would be the Austin City Limits Festival in September. It is already filling up some of the hotel rooms.

Best of luck!

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Austin
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks all for your great relocation info!

Good call yankeetransplant -- the Texas -- Ohio State game is in Austin this year, and we'll be swamped by Buckeye fans, I'm sure.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
Austin
Austin
Texas
scottsdale, az
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks all for your great relocation info!

ooh...great suggestion on the hotel rooms...we will keep that in mind. thanks!

4. Re: Thanks all for your great relocation info!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 16, 2009