We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO or airbnb Rental for 8/31

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
VRBO or airbnb Rental for 8/31

I'm trying to get some guidance on where to stay in Austin the weekend of 8/31. My boyfriend and I are going to the Texas game so I already know that hotel prices are higher than normal. I feel kind of shameful asking this question since I went to UT but the city has changed so much since that time ... what would be some recommended neighborhoods to stay in? When I went to school, east of 35 was considered a bad area and I've heard that's changed!

We'll have our car, of course (just coming from Houston), so transportation isn't really an issue although we'll probably want to take a cab or bus to the game unless someone has another suggestion? Also, does anyone know if VRBO/airbnb listers typically increase their nightly rates for game weekends? Most of the ones I've looked at don't mention that so I've been operating on the assumption that they don't.

Thanks for your help!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRBO or airbnb Rental for 8/31

There is ALWAYS something going on in Austin. I don't imagine VRBO people increase their prices just for games. You could just call a few and ask, but I am sure each one is different.

2. Re: VRBO or airbnb Rental for 8/31

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 10, 2014