We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Downtown Austin Hotel Just Opened

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
New Downtown Austin Hotel Just Opened

I just discovered that Hampton Inn bought a shell of unfinished office building and opened a new hotel in Oct at 1701 Lavaca. That is one block from Bob Bullock Story of Texas museum and 2 blocks from what is called The Drag. The Drag is on Guadalupe and goes for blocks through the UT campus offering, shops, eateries, grocers etc.

There are few fine dining places all within walking distance as well as over 50 fast foods and a 7-11 two blocks away. Here is a quick list:

The Carillion, Clay Pit, Mansion at Judges Hill, Schultz's Gardens, Starbucks, Texadelphia, Jimmy Johns, Taco Cabana, Thunderclouds, Dog & Duck Pub, Texas Chili Parlor, Veggie Heaven, El Mercado, McDonalds and newly remodeled Kerby Lane open 24/7.

Here is a link for photos of this new Hampton Inn. That makes 2 downtown. The big highrise one is by the convention center.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Downtown Austin Hotel Just Opened

I can see this hotel from my office window. :-) It's a great location for those visiting UT, or if you have state business.

2. Re: New Downtown Austin Hotel Just Opened

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013