We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO near Austin airport?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Topic
VRBO near Austin airport?

Hello, can anyone advise on a nice 2 bedroom VRBO with anindoor pool near Austin airport? When I am searching VRBO Austin, what is the neighborhood closest to Austin airport?

Thanks for any help,

Cindy

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRBO near Austin airport?

There really isn't anything close to the Austin airport, and certainly not a vacation rental with an indoor pool. Honestly, the area near the airport isn't very nice. I think we gave you some recommendations for hotels with indoor pools not long ago, and explained that downtown Austin really isn't that far from the airport. I made it from downtown to the airport in about 15 minutes on a recent Friday afternoon, for example. If you have changed your mind and now want a house or an apartment to rent, donwntown is still your best bet. I don't think anything other than a hotel is going to have an indoor pool though.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VRBO near Austin airport?

I agree with MrTed. I remember your earlier request.. There is not a "nice" neighborhood anywhere near the airport. Your request for the indoor pool is severely limiting your options. This is Texas and indoor pools are a rarity here. The downtown hotels mentioned previously are just about your only option if the indoor pool is a must.

Welcome to Austin, Cindy!

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRBO near Austin airport?

I'm going to return to my last advice - Hyatt Lost Pines. Huge heated pool, water slides, adult spa. Availability over the holiday. 15-20 minutes from the airport. Beautiful grounds. Just can't predict the weather.

The only other indoor pool I am aware of (outside of downtown Austin and considering your airport request) would be in Bastrop at Comfort Suites. About 20 minutes from the airport (easy drive). Nice good size indoor pool. Suites so the rooms will be a decent size. Nice newer hotel.

Edited: 10:18 pm, November 12, 2012
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,672 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VRBO near Austin airport?

The Marriott on IH35 has lovely indoor pool. Click on PHOTO GALLERY and photo 22 shows the pool:

https:/…

http://www.hotelaustinairport.com is down road from airport and has indoor pool

marriott.com/hotels/travel/AUSST-SpringHill-…

5. Re: VRBO near Austin airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 25, 2013