We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

j H
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

Coming to Austin this weeking (9/7/2012) and will be tailgating with a couple of guys. We already have the pass for our tailgaiting spot. We are towing a smoker down (behind a big truck) and wonder what hotel (best couple of options possible) that has lot parking so we can pull and park our truck with the smoker behind it. Alot of the place I looked (i.e. hilton) have garage parking and that would not work.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

The only hotel near 6th Street with a parking lot is the Extended Stay American on 6th at Guadalupe. I just checked and it still has rooms for this coming weekend. I would call and confirm that the lot can accommodate your truck and smoker though.

The La Quinta on San Jacinto at 12th also has a lot, but I'm not sure that your truck and smoker would make into the drive there. It's pretty narrow.

Edited: 8:50 am, September 04, 2012
Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

The Hyatt Regency has a lot, but its across the river.

I "think" some of the valet parking at The Driskill is on parking lots. Again, you'll have to call ahead to check.

j H
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

Thanks for your comments guys. Looks like I may have to stay a little farther out. Any recommendations around the stadium area, we could just cab it to 6th.

j H
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

Talked to Omni, said there are "lots within a few blocks" that we could park at, any other suggestions?

5. Re: Closest/Nicest Hotel to 6th with lot parking for smoker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 03, 2013