We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

what is this area like? i am renting without actually seeing the place so any info regarding this area would be great! thanks!!!

Austin
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

Howdy! Well the part of town you mentioned is a good fit for Austin's slogan "Keep Austin Weird"! You're probably not going to be far from either Riverside Drive or Barton Springs Road. Riverside starts at Lamar and goes east (way east -- it turns into the highway to Houston) while Barton Springs starts at Congress and goes west. Barton Springs Road passed by Town Lake, Auditorium Shores, Zilker Park, the future Long Opera Center (or name to that effect), and some fun places to eat and play. It's more of a commercial and retail area than residential. There are some old neighborhoods just a bit south that are slowly getting gentrified. You're not far from the club district.

Did this help? If not, ask for more! Good luck!

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

the exact address is 800 south first. what do you think of that location?

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

I think it's a great location! You can walk to Town Lake, Zilker, restaurants, etc.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

Curly925 - what price range were you able to find something in for that area? i was thinking that area as well. what part of NY are you moving from? I'm in NY too.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

i haven't sealed the deal...i made a rent offer to the guy who owns it...i offered 750 for a pretty small but cute place.

i hope i get it!

i am from rochester, ny...finishing up med school to start residency in austin...

how about u?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

i'm moving from dutchess county area (poughkeepsie). my sis and family are down there.

i'm going to share a place in south austin, but once I get settled, i hope to get a place around that area.

good luck with renting the apt, hopefully they accept your offer!

Austin
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thinking about getting a place between zilker park area and...

800 S. First? I bet your new watering hole becomes El Mercado at 1302 S. First. Good place to make friends, drink margaritas, and get cheap fajitas on Mondays! You'll love the small businesses between South First and Congress, too!