We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Shopping

seattle
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Good Shopping

I will be in town for ACL and I'm trying to find fun, unique places to shop for a twentysomething girl (i.e. no gap). Any suggestions?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Shopping

you may want to try "The Girl Next Door" or "Flirt" or "Emeralds"

those are all downtown area or on Congress. Enjoy ACL, it's a great time every year :-)

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Shopping

There'll be some shopping at the Festival. I'd also recommend shopping at SoCo – South Congress is a funky hip area just south of the Congress Street Bridge. While shopping with kids is not necessarily the best idea there are several shops they’d be interested in. Check out Lucy In Disguise: Costumes and props, vintage clothes, and other fun accessories. Terra Toys: as the name implies. Yard Dog http://www.yarddog.com/ an art gallery, I always see cool, funky art there (usually out of my price range, but definitely fun to browse.) There are also plenty of restaurants that are kid friendly Amys Ice Cream http://www.amysicecream.com/ (an Austin institution and not to be missed) now has a store here. I’d also recommend Magnolia Café http://www.cafemagnolia.com/, especially for breakfast.

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Shopping

octoboy- terratoys moved 9 months ago to anderson ln~

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Shopping

slytx thanks!

Is there another toy store there now? We drove up Congress twice this past weekend but I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. It seems that there are many new businesses moving in.

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Shopping

hey octoboy-

nope, the new infill seems to be following a pattern- more eateries mostly and frou frou gift shops/ tho Yard Dog hangs tough and Prima Dora and Lucy in Disguise and Guerros- Rock n Roll Rentals was moved out tho also to make room for more eateries- tho they rebuilt over on oltorf a great new facility....terra toys is on anderson ln up in north central austin and still in biz, thank goodness. how's it hangin down in san antone? lots cooler finally here today....also, have a question for you since you are defintely my kinda folks when it comes to live music for sure- do you ever make Lernas' on a sunday eve? and where do YOU go for Mole in San Antone? I be making a short trip to the Passeo soon and wanna eat lunch coming back ....thanks for yer suggestions in advance.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Shopping

On Sundays we usually don't get much further north than Gruene. I'm no expert on Mole, but I have enjoyed it at Picante Grill on Broadway across from the Witte. On Sundays they also have Paella.

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Shopping

Octoboy=

muchas gracias!