We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

I'm sending my husband to Austin in Sept. to check it out, we want to relocate there from So. Orange County, CA. From what I hear, we are interested in the western portion of Austin - Leander, Round Rock, etc. He will also go to San Antonio to see what that's all about. Would appreciate any info on hotels near this area. Also any tidbits of info on the city at that time of year, where to eat and where not to, etc. Thanks a bunch!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

Ok I now see the ridiclousness of my initial request. I have cracked open a map and see that these areas I am considering on moving to are in the northern portion of Austin. I'm reformulating my query to - Where Would You Stay if you were doing this trip? Some of the hotels I'm seeing are right on the interstate, aren't these noisy? Nobody has complained in the reviews I've read. Anyway, would love anybody's input. Thanks!!!

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

Try the Habitat Suites next to Highland Mall. It's just off the highway, yet easy access to everything. It's sort of a green "Residence Inn." I'm no tree-hugger, but I do like the place.

http://www.habitatsuites.com/

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

I was just there and stayed at the Bradford Homesuites at 10001 N Capital of Texas Hwy. It was quiet and nice with a kitchen and great rates. If interested, try checking with them directly for rates and compare to Expedia. I will definitely stay there again.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

Thanks for your suggestions. Wondertrev that hotel is too expensive for this research trip! Beancounter, I will check it out. Need to save $$$, we are still residents of the state of CA for now.

boston
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable hotel in West Austin to check out for reloc

We also stayed at Bradford Homesuites and Homewood Suites...both were very similar and very nice. Both are apartment style with full service kitchen (fridge, stove top, microwave, coffemaker, sink...). Both offered complimentary breakfast, though Homewood suites was much more elaborate and they also offered a small meal monday through thursday at their manager's reception. Both are also close to TGI Fridays, Cheesecake Factory, Outback, Burger King, and lots of other options. Both are right near 183 and mopac. Great value for the $. Better price if you call the hotel direct. Also, ask for any discount rates.