We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bats on Congress

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bats on Congress

The Shoreline Grill will be closed on July 31st. Any other good restaurants or places to be to watch the bats? What time? Thanks!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,096 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bats on Congress

Not so sure about good...but there is a TGIFridays in the Radisson.

Or...

You can see everything just fine from the Statesman parking lot or atop the Congress Ave bridge.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bats on Congress

TGIFridays? Ick. The location is good, though. Eat somewhere else, and have drinks at Fridays.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bats on Congress

I thought we might eat at Vespaio on Congress. How far is this from the bridge?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bats on Congress

A fun place to go, pre- or post-bat watching, is Aussie's Volleybar and Grill, almost at the intersection of Barton Springs and Riverside. aussiebar.com Not terrific food but a good sports bar and interesting people, especially when folks are playing volleyball.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bats on Congress

Watch the bats from Congress bridge, it's a great view!! I went in early June 2005 and saw them at around 8:45 pm. You can also call the Bat Hot Line: 512-416-5700 (Category 3636) for more a specific time.

Check this Website out: http://www.batcon.org/discover/congress.html

I'd say it's best to be early than late... So enjoy the show!

Tim
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bats on Congress

I agree that the best place to watch the bats is from the Congress St. bridge; you can get so close you feel like you could reach out and touch them. Breathtaking!

Boston
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bats on Congress

TGI Fridays has indoor and outdoor viewing--drinks on the patio on a summer eve can be nice. Get there just before sunset. That's what we did last night. Awesome!!!

When you watch from the Congress St. bridge, you can actually hear them squeak. Can't hear nuthin' but people oooing and ahing at TGI's.

If anyone knows a place farther out to watch them disburse, that would be nice, too.