We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

Staying at the Van Zandt for Dead and Co in a few weeks with our daughters who live there (we're in SA). Figure we're best off having a late lunch/very early dinner since the show starts at 7. We'll have our maltipoo puppy with us and would love to take him with us. Any suggestions? Getting something to eat in the room is an option.

6 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

I like Banger's Sausage House and Beer Garden. Or everyone could have their choice of food in the Rainey Street Food Court. Both are dog friendly.

DAD

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

Thanks, we've been to Banger's, but only for brunch. I like the food court idea, will see what the weather is like. Hopefully not freezing like when my oldest graduated about 4 years ago.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

For the weather, the odds should be in your favor. The 10 day forecast looks great for now. But, then again this is Texas. You San Antonio folks know all about that;>)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

Bangers is the closest to VZ, but Easy Tiger on 6th would be #2 choice:

austinot.com/dog-friendly-patios-in-austin

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

Thanks, but we're trying to stick to walking distance because of our time constraints.

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey

We ended up bar and food truck hopping on Rainey before the concert. Had dim sum at Wu Chow yesterday. Fun weekend

Reply to: Dog friendly quick bite on Rainey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted