We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg, VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Planning a trip in April, for opening day, Texas against the Red Sox. Does anyone one in Red Sox nation know where the team stays (or has stayed) when they are in town? Trying to put my boys in position to get an autograph or see some players. Plus, it's probably not a bad hotel! Anyone been there, done that?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,564 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

If you click on your name, you will see your other posts:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55711-i141-k90354…

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Once poodleone answers a post, very little can be added. She covers it all and is very accurate.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Probably too late to reply to help you, but for this next year here is your info.

Once upon a time..

All the teams that played at the Ranger Stadium

all the rock groups that played at Six Flags

all the Lecturers that spoke at UT Arlington

and all the celebrities that played at the various celebrity golf and tennis tournaments at Los Colinas

..all stayed at the Arlington Hilton on Lamar (the street right across the highway from Six Flags)

(I know this because I worked there in high school as a front desk clerk and got to meet Yogi Berra, Grace Slick, Billy Idol, Huey Lewis, all the baseball teams, most of the current daytime soap opera stars, and a whole list of other interesting personas....ask me about the Hee Haw gang sometime )

When they built Sheraton/ aka Hyatt, some of the groups started staying over there. But the man who was trying to woo them over to the Sheraton (and who, btw, was staying at the Hilton at the time) was pushy and lots of folks were turned off (like Mr. Berra..who handed us the bottle of Crown Royal intended for him and said "You drink it, girls...and tell Mr. XXXX, I can't be bribed.".

So, the answer is that they all now stay at both the Hilton and the Hyatt. Hilton is smaller and older, but much more relaxed with less tourists.

Hope this helps.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

LOL ok I'll take the bait. Tell me about the Hee Haw gang?!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Drove by there yesterday and noticed Hyatt is back to being a Sheraton (not sure when that changed...when i grow up, I'll probably be a detective,,,not). Hilton is still there. If you plan to stay at the Sheraton, beware, one of the exits off the interstate that you would use to get there (Collins) is completely ripped up. They shredded the bridge over the highway. Take Ballpark Way instead.

ps. Hee Haw gang - with diamond encrusted cowboy boots (ostrich, I think), 10-gallon Stetsons and the biggest hunk of gold and diamonds ring I have ever seen perched on a human finger...and this was their casual attire, not their costumes. They were very loud, hilarously funny and layback and certainly a fun change from Billy Idol, who was in a stoned Coma the entire three days. (and Jefferson Starship bounced their check).

arlington
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Actually, most teams don't even stay in Arlington anymore. I know some stay at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas so they can play golf at the TPC course there. Different teams have different hotels they like. I did run into some Seattle Mariners at the Sheraton right by the ballpark a few years ago. Didn't realize who they were until a few minutes in the conversation. Mike Cameron was one. They were nice guys.

boston
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

Great info. I am planning to go to see the Red Sox in July in Seattle, Washington. Can anyone tell me where they might be staying..just curious. Thanks

8. Re: Where do visiting baseball teams stay, like the Red Sox?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 02, 2009