We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me think of the name of this restaurant

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DALLAS TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me think of the name of this restaurant

Near six flags, japanese, dine before 5 or 6....buy one meal get one free.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about???

THANKS

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

My guess is Hibachi 97 Japanese Steak House on Road to Six Flags. I think early bird, buy one, get one free is 5pm- 545 pm

DALLAS TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

Thank you...that's it! Have you ever eaten there?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

No, I haven't eaten there. If you go, please post back and let us know what you think.

Southern Belle
Level Contributor
139 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

Sorry for the late post - just browsing around and this caught my eye and maybe it could help someone. Have eaten there before. I would rate it as "average" for a Japanese restaurant. If you want Japanese food esp. sushi, try Piranha killer sushi (I know, sounds unpalatable) in Arlington as well, but they have the best sushi in the metroplex. Good cooked food items, too.

Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

I hate Piranha Sushi. The environment is uncomfortable, the service is overwhelming slow and the sushi is just so-so.

Sushi Zone off Lincoln Square is some of the best sushi we've had.

Also, Hibachi 97 is DELICIOUS but NOT for sushi. The sushi isn't that great there.

But the fried rice is to die for.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

If you don't mind going to Grapevine, Edohana is good for hibachi. I ate at Hibachi 97 a couple of years ago and found it so-so. Not bad but not good either. I agree with the Sushi Zone review. If you're ever in Amarillo, go to the Kabuki for hibachi. Lunch is really affordable and bettter than either Hibachi 97 or Edohana.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

I LOVE Hibachi 97, but we go to the one in SW Arlington in Overland Station (used to be called 'Sake'), and I heard ours was better than the one in north arlington. Their #14 Banzai (steak and shrimp) is fabulous. Fried rice is best ever (and they give you sorbet, and salad and a great bouillon soup and way too much food. My family has a joke with how skilled the waitresses are with stuffing all that leftover food into a little bitty to-go carton. We decided the next time we were packing to go to Europe we'd hire her to pack our suitcases.

I wouldn't recommend them for sushi particularly, but there are plenty of good sushi places (like I Love Sushi at the corner of Green Oaks and Pleasant Ridge. )

I didn't realize how great Sake /Hibachi was until we had a business lunch at Benihana's. It was half the food for twice the price and wasn't even that good.

ps. they extended their buy one get one free to include weekends.

8. Re: Help me think of the name of this restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 14, 2009