We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife

U.K
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
nightlife

Hi,will be in amarillo for 3 days whats the best area to stay in for bars and nightclubs within walking distance? Also any areas to avoid?

cheers

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife

The 2 most popular nightclubs in Amarillo are Graham Central Station (806-457-0444)and Midnight Rodeo (806-358-7083). The only hotels near Midnight Rodeo are really bad. It is near Georgia street and 45th avenue. There is really nothing else of interest in that area. I believe the closest hotel to Graham Central Station is Comfort Suites of Amarillo (806-352-8300). There are many restaurants in the area and this is a clean and safe area of Amarillo. If you call Comfort Suites, they can probably give you a list of places within walking distance.

Places to avoid would be the north end of Amarillo (especially Amarillo Boulavard) as well as the east end of the city. The west and southwest parts of the city are the cleanest and safest.

Amarillo is not a very good city for walking, as things are pretty spread apart. If you would like to walk in the area of Graham Central Station and some good restaurants, I think Comfort Suites might be your best bet.

I don't always check my email, but I will try to check it and answer any questions that I can. I hope you enjoy your trip to the U.S.

best regards

U.K
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife

Thanks for the help, can you tell me how far the greyhound bus station is from the graham central station are? I know you say amarillo is not very good for walking so is there buses what connect the two areas?

Cheers rammy

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife

The greyhound bus terminal is about 4 miles from the Graham Central Station area. There are city buses that run to these areas. You will want to go to Western Plaza (I-40 and Western.) I beleive the buses stop running after 6:00pm and not on Sundays. There are also taxis.

amarillo
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife

I am going to be in Amarillo for the weekend on buisness. I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriott and was told the only nightlife is at Grahams? off Western exit behind the Olive Garden? Someone else told me to go to Rumors on 10th ave.? Have you heard of these places? Are they good? I have a car so transportation is no prob. I appreciate your help.

thanks

Ari

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife

I've been to Rumors many times. It's a much smaller bar. A more adult crowd. If you're looking for young dating prospects, Grahams is the place. Rumors is just a fun little bar.

dimmitt tx
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife

i am going to amarillo for the weekend and wanted places by fifth seasons inn and ideas where to go and resturant

dimmitt tx
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife

any good bar that play different kinds of music

Tx
Level Contributor
6 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nightlife

You're in a good location at the 5th Seasons. It is located on the major highway going through town. Lots and lots of big restaurants in that area. Nothing in Amarillo is within walking distance, you'd better rent a car if you want to get out and about. I believe the 5th season still has its own club.

9. Re: nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 12, 2009