We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

Springtown, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

I am planning a 3 day trip to Palo Duro Canyon with my wife, 18 year old daughter, inlaws, and dog. I need a clean, safe, pet friendly motel with good air conditioning, and I notice that this La Quinta is listed on Trip Advisor as one of the top 3 pet friendly motels in Amarillo. However, I also noticed very mixed reviews on the motel (and on a LOT of motels) at Trip Advisor. Does anyone know if this particular hotel is decent or not? We are not real fancy folks and don't need a lot of amenities, but I just HATE paying for a place that is not safe and clean. Old, I can deal with; dirty and unsafe I cannot. Any info would be appreciated.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

I haven't stayed at that hotel, but it is located (literally) right down the street.

They did just paint the entire exterior of the building, that much I know. It shares parking lot space with Denny's, Wendy's and Taco Bell.

It wouldn't be my first choice, but for 3 days, you should be fine.

Based on the criteria that you are looking for (a/c, pet friendly, clean) I would recommend the Drury. They are going to be more $ that La Quinta, but they are pet friendly and located in the "restaurant row".

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

My preference would be along I-40 West, rather than East, simply because all the hotels on the west end will be newer than east side. Plus you are close to mall/movie theater/restaurants. You could also check out Wildcat Bluff. It's a nice nature walk and is really close to I-40 West.

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

Dear shill,

This one sounded good with regard to pets.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30165-d109641-…

I don't know anything about it personally, but it sounded good.

4. Re: Any Input on La Quinta Inn Amarillo East?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 03, 2009