We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Anderson

Pennellville, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Two days in Anderson

I'll be in Anderson for two days @ July 5th. I'm traveling with the wife and two teen girls. What should we NOT miss. We're pretty game for anything.

2 replies to this topic
Anderson, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Anderson

Didn't see this in time to respond, but in case you ever come back.... you wouldn't want to miss Grits and Groceries, a funky little famous diner out in the country, Split Creek Farm, an award winning Goat Farm that sells milk, cheese, soap, etc. and you can tour the farm and see all kinds of animals, there are lots of waterfalls and hiking places that are close, boating on Lake Hartwell, Clemson Football games, lots of Civil War Historical sites, lake front dining such as The Grill Man, Nami's Asian Bistro and The Galley. An hour's drive to Commerce, GA is where all the name brand outlet stores are for great shopping. If you contact the Anderson Convention and Visitors Bureau they will have tons of information, driving tours, etc. You can also take hot air balloon rides. Hope you come back!

Mentioned in this post
Split Creek Farm
Split Creek Farm
88 Reviews
Anderson, SC
Lake Hartwell
Lake Hartwell
76 Reviews
Anderson, SC
The Grill Man
The Grill Man
21 Reviews
Anderson, SC
The Galley
The Galley
159 Reviews
Anderson, SC
Cleveland, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Anderson

I went to Anderson to visit some college friends and did all of the recommended activities, but nothing was more fun or rewarding then helping out at a jobsite for Habitat for Humanity. We went to the jobsite and got to work on a house for a family in need. Wow! It really pulled my family closer together spending an afternoon helping the family. They were the sweetest people, and I am so happy they are getting a fresh start with this house. The next day we stopped by Habitat's ReStore and picked out a bunch of cute things for very cheap prices. I got a beautiful China set for $15! My husband picked out some books and my daughter got a few Barbies. I was so happy with our finds AND that 100% of the money was going to build these houses. Next time you come to Anderson definitely make time for this. I'm sure I will!

Reply to: Two days in Anderson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anderson
More Anderson Topics