We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

Which Allentown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
62 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

Looking for a hotel nearest to Muhlenberg college. Convenience is more important than price at this point. I will be driving from Philadelphia Airport Tuesday 6pm to Allentown for a Wednesday morning visit to Muhlenberg. After Muhlenberg we quickly leave for Susquehanna College, for what I was told is about a 2 hour drive ? If anyone can confirm the time that would be reassuring.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
603 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

First off, it's a bit more then two hours to Selinsgrove from Allentown. I would give it 2 and a 1/2 hours. I don't think there are any hotels right next to Muhlenberg since it's in a residential section, but there are a couple on Hamilton Boulevard right across from Dorney Park that are not more then 10 minutes from the college. Just about the same distance away are a cluster of hotels at the intersection of route 78 and 222. If you go by the tripadvisor ratings, the best one is Staybridge Suites tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g30029-Allentown_Penn… at the second location I mentioned. When looking at hotels, just stay on the West side of the city.

I hope you are not planning to do both the information session and tours at both colleges on one day. That would be pretty difficult, especially at Susquehanna when they add in an (informal) interview with an admissions person.

Not knowing your child's interest or stats, another college that I found very similar to Susquehanna is Ursinus, an hour south of the Lehigh Valley. Good luck with your visit - my son and I are planning to visit a couple of colleges this summer too.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
62 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

Your information was a tremendous help. I just changed the tour/ interview times and will look at more info on Ursinus.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
603 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

One more tip about driving up here - make sure you go via route 476 from PHL to Allentown. For some reason, some of the maps may have you routed into Philadelphia instead of west of the city and then North.

Let me know if you need suggestions for a late dinner once you get up here. There are no places real close to the airport unless you wander quite a bit. The airport is not real close to Philly and the nicer restaurants.

If you do visit Ursinus, make sure you go the backway through the town of Pennsburg. maps.google.com/maps… It's a pretty drive and you won't lose more then a few minutes since you can still take the turnpike for part of it.

Susquehanna is a great college, just not that close. Other very close colleges right in the Lehigh Valley are Lafayette (about the same tier as Muhlenberg), Lehigh, Moravian, DeSales and Cedar Crest. The last is an all woman's college.

4. Re: hotel for Muhlenberg college visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, January 13, 2011