We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dorney Park's Meal Inclusive Plan - Has anyone tried it?

Which Allentown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dorney Park's Meal Inclusive Plan - Has anyone tried it?

Hello again.....

I understand Dorney has a meal plan for the Backyard Barn BBQ from 5:30 - 7:00 each night. Has anyone used it, is the food okay, and is it worth it? Also, the ticket is $47, but will they deduct a discount coupon?

Also, if we choose to purchase our park tickets from our hotel, I understand that it is $13.99 additional for the meal. I am thinking we could spend way more than that eating at the park. To me, it seems like a good deal, but if the food is not good, than it is not a good deal. Any thoughts?

Also, how far of a walk is the Backyard BBQ from the entrance?

Thanks in advance,

Prize : )

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
612 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dorney Park's Meal Inclusive Plan - Has anyone tried it?

I've never done the backyard barbecue but have had a couple of catered meals at Dorney. They were good and probably worth $14. I'm guessing that the backyard barbecue is in the Food Fest grove right next to the entrance: dorneypark.com/_upload/…dp_2010_funguide.pdf

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dorney Park's Meal Inclusive Plan - Has anyone tried it?

Thanks so much for the info. I think it may be worth it as well. We could probably spend more than that just eating junk in the park.

Prize : )

3. Re: Dorney Park's Meal Inclusive Plan - Has anyone tried it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 26, 2010