We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is TrIPAdvisor so USELESS for planning???

Which Ardmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Why is TrIPAdvisor so USELESS for planning???

When I know what city to stop in, or if I'm flying into a city, sure I can use TripAdvisor to find a hotel or activity and avoid wasting money on the bad ones. But I happen to be driving down Interstate 35 from Minneapolis all the way to the middle of Mexico and wanted to stay at some off-the-beaten-path places on the way home. TRIP ADVISOR MAKES IT TOO MUCH WORK. So many of the B&B listings have descriptions but no rates, no website links, no phone numbers, and then it will say "contact the hotel for reservations"—which you can't unless you want to spend hours looking up each website individually! What a waste of time. I'm just going to call AAA in the morning. Good grief.

1 reply
Midlothian,t
Level Contributor
77 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is TrIPAdvisor so USELESS for planning???

One thing I am not sure you do any better with AAA. You can not make a destination in Mexico you have to stop at Laredo

You still have to know what town you are staying in along the way and when you will get there. You still have to put in all the info and if it is booked then you have to find another

It is not going to give you any out of the way motels either

We have traveled a lot and you are not going to find AAA in for example Green river Utah or Filmore Utah or in hugo okla. or rockdale texas

Trip Advisor lets you pick where to stay in those small towns AAA does not

I do not call I-35 off the beaten path

Plus AAA cost you and Trip Advisor is free

Reply to: Why is TrIPAdvisor so USELESS for planning???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ardmore