We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to the area

Ohio
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to the area

Can anyone tell me anything about the area? My husband and I are moving here and possibly living at Kerrybrook apartments. I would love suggestions on things to do, good restaurants, etc. Thanks!

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to the area

There's minature golf/roller skating & a movie theater in Austintown. You won't be too far from the flower gardens in Millcreek park in Youngstown. I enjoy walking through the gardens a lot & when the kids were younger they liked to roll down the hill :)

As far as restaruants Austintown has a little bit of everything-Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King (use the one on Rt 46-NOT the one on Mahoning Ave), Eat-n-Park, Denny's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Sandwhich Facotry, Perkins, Taco Bell, Arby's, Cracker Barrell, Ruby Tuesday's, Panera. My favorite is in Boardman though, Rockne's (about 20-30 depending on traffic) on Rt 224. I warn you that they give HUGE portions, perfect for splitting or left overs (& that's the half sizes). There's a mall in both Boardman & Niles (of course lots more restaurants in those areas).

There's a fairly new library not far from where you'll be living if you like to read. Not all that exciting of a place but for the most part still fairly safe in most areas. You'll also be rather in the middle between Cleveland & Pittsburg which both have some fun things to do. Niagra Falls is about 3 1/2hrs away in New York if you like road trips. Akron is about 45-50 minutes-they have Stan Hewit gardesn & house (the house is nice but you can buy just admission to their gardens) as well as a small zoo. Amusment parks Geauga Lake is about 1 hr, Cedar Point is about 1 1/2-2hrs in Sandusky.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
761 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to the area

We discovered a great little neighborhood restaurant/bar in Austintown called Trax. We have dined there several times and have never been disappointed. The prices are very reasonable!

From appetizers to dessert, the meals have been super. {Drink specials are an added bonus} There are several dinner specials daily plus a great 'regular' menu...something for everyone! The staff is very friendly too. We looking forward to the new tropical themed patio which is set to open this summer.

3. Re: Moving to the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Austintown
Recent Conversations