We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marios International Spas

York, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Marios International Spas

I have been a 15 year customer at Marios. I have sworn by Marios for my hair appointments. Over the past nine months, I have had three terrible experiences with them. The first being a hair appointment scheduled way in advance, I had just had a son, so planning was of the essence to get away for several hours. I was sitting in the chair waiting for my stylist when the receptionist approached him and asked him to do an "UPDO" on a VIP, a DUPONT who was staying at the Aurora Inn and had a funtion to return, I overheard the receptionist telling my stylist to just make me wait. He didnt accept this however I did verbalize my discontent with him in regards to the receptionist saying this. The second was again another hair appointment scheduled in advance, and around the holidays. I was told when i arrived that I would have to have a different stylist since mine was tied up. This stylist was a float and traveled to different marios locations. I had no other option but to not accept and not be able to have my hair done for my holiday events. My hair turned out fine, however it was very upsetting to hear this "float guy" criticize my hair cut and color, when i informed him my stylist was right behind him, this conversation ceased. I believe what he was attempting to do was sell me other services to deep condition and treat my hair, however he did it in not so "TRUTHFUL" of a way. The third and last mistake was a SPA DAY my mother and I planned. I purchased a gift certificate for her that was a little over a year old for mothers day. When we arrived, the receptionist checking us in informed us this was worth nothing however when i made the appointment I did inform them about her certificate and was told it was fine. After the receptionist called someone and spoke about this certificate in front of other customers, made my mother and myself feel like peasants. Also one of the services listed on our package was not available during remodeling and was told a parrafin hand dip was subsituted and nail polish for nails. I informed the receptionist I didnt want this service since im not allowd to wear nail polish to my job. I did say I would instead like a pedicure. At the end of our SPA DAY, i ended up not receiving two of the services on my prepaid spa day, and paying 51.00 for the pedicure. I did bring this to the receptionist attention, however she was so unprofessional and with other customers right there, I paid for my pedicure, and decided that would be my last "EXPERIENCE" with Mario's. A luxury that was always was something to look forward to, had struck out, 3 times. Marios has changed very much, it seems the focas of the business is driven by money only and the customer satisfaction is of no concern. Maybe when the marios empire loses out they will realize their focas is wrong. I truly was upset the most with the spa day, I felt "ripped" off, having to pay for a service when two other services werent available, due to remodeling, and having to pay for something I feel should have been "compensated" There are many other spas today that are focased on being the best, however customer satisfaction is important, and not just the customers money. Also when i was receiving my massage on my spa day, I overheard my therapist talking to another, for 15 minutes, of my time, how they didnt have the neccesary supplies for massages, and how upset she was with her "JOB"

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marios International Spas

Boy, sorry to hear about your experience! Make sure you post this under the hotel part of this website so that people know what happened to you. For myself, I love the Aveda spas - they are wonderful! They do so much training and there is alot of consistency between the salons, even though they are privately owned.

Akron Ohio
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marios International Spas

Thanks for your message....because of your message I will NOT be going to Marios.....I was planning a weekend away at one of their hotels and was just picking out the package when I looked at your comment and I am certainly not interested in taking a part in any company that treats customers like yesterdays news.....thanks again for the tip and as for the first reply to your comment I am going to look for the aveda spas :)

Tonya

3. Re: Marios International Spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:24 am, November 04, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Marios International Spas

As a Licensed Massage Therapist I know when I am being appreciated for my skills, talents and human skills. After going through the orientation for employees a Mario's in Aurora I was definitly underwhelmed. To begin with, I was offer the princley sum of $12.00 per hour with the promise of $15.00 per hour within six months service. I do know that customers pay $90 to $125 per hour for massage depending upon services. Also the energy was frenetic, almost like being in an ant hive frenetic. The promise of continuous work was there, but 4 to 6 hours of massage work with no break is too much.

Any attempts at negotiation were rebuffed and as a consequence I declined their offer.

My standards of customer service are much higher than I witnessed or have heard of from others.

As a paying customer, be sure that you are getting all that you are paying for and that employees are being treated professionally and compensated commensurate with skill and experience.

JWB, LMT

Newbury
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marios International Spas

Hello LolaJay i know how you feel my mother has been going to marios for over 20 years and i started going to my mothers hairdresser and she is really good i've been going to her for about 5 years till just 2 months ago i had highlights and cut wash blowdry so i was in fiol then another lady came in and she got a full head perm then another lady came in and she wanted and and style so needless to say i felt like i was on a assembly line i just felt like i was being rushed out the door and after paying 156.00 after the nice 20% i left her i go home and my hair cut shorter on one side i was so Pissed that i just let my hair grow out and word of mouth found a really nice place and they are one on one with theyre clients very pleased good luck to you thelma4019

6. Re: Marios International Spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aurora