We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for a holiday event

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
1 post
Save Topic
restaurant for a holiday event

Im looking for a great spot near Akron or Orville OH to entertain clients at Christmas this year. Ideally i would like to find an old mansion or historic home with great food and a great holiday feel

Any suggestions?

Someone mentioned that there is amansion nearby with a holiday light show - does anyone know where this is?

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for a holiday event

I have no idea about the specific possibilities, but check out Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens - www.stanhywet.org in Akron.

Wadsworth, OH
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for a holiday event

Stan Hywet is the mansion you're looking for. It holds an annual Christmas festival / light display yearly called "Deck the Hall". It runs this year from November 24th through December 30th with a few days closed. Google Stan Hywet for details. To my knowledge no dining is offered directly at Stan Hywet, however, I believe you can rent/lease a room or two for a corporate event, and you may be able to arrange catering. Admission to the entire estate is $14pp, it's less if you are only touring the grounds. The mansion tour is well worth it.

On the retaurant end, I would highly recommend Ken Stewart's Lodge in Bath Ohio. Incredible atmosphere, top class food and wine, great service, and fairly close to Stan Hywet. (10 miles or less). The Fairlawn/Montrose area has Hyde Park, Flemings, and Lannings. (All very nice, high end establishments with prices to match.) Plenty of mid-range eateries are available in this area too.

Post again if you need more detail or additional ideas.

3. Re: restaurant for a holiday event

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 18, 2009