We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Desk Closed

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Desk Closed

We'll be arriving at Akron airport just after midnight and apparently the rental car desks are closed at that hour. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn in Canton for 2 nights (including the night we arrive). Any advice? Should I cab it to the hotel, then cab back the next morning to get my car?

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Desk Closed

My suggestion to you is to call your rental car company and ask them what the procedure is and what they recommend.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Desk Closed

Good advice. Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of the rental counter there and they said as long as I put the airline and flight number on the reservation, they'll stay until I come in. Not sure if all rental companies do tht, but mine does (Dollar).

3. Re: Rental Car Desk Closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, January 10, 2010