We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summit County Fair

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Summit County Fair

I noticed this fair is scheduled for the last week in July. Is it a good fair...family fun?

What other family-friendly activities would you recommend in the area? I think we'll be between Akron and Cleveland.

T

http://goingscrapbooky.blogspot.com/

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summit County Fair

My family has always enjoyed the Summit Co. fair. There are some rides and games, lots of animals, and your basic 'carnival food.' I don't know how it compares to other fairs as far as size goes, but it's good for a few hours of fun, at least.

As for other activities while in town, you might check out Inventure Place (the inventors hall of fame) in downtown Akron. The top floors are exhibits, but the basement is all interactive and kids seem to like it. The Akron Zoo is small but has a nice variety of animals and is easily accomplished in a few hours with minimal physical exhertion. (Cleveland's zoo is great, but requires a full day to see.) Also, if your family is interested in sports, see if the Akron Aeros are playing. They have a lovely little baseball stadium downtown and it's a relatively inexpensive, family-oriented place.

For bigger fun, Cedar Point is located in Sandusky, OH and is a huge amusement park. It's about 1 hour northwest of Akron. There are several waterparks over that way as well (Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge come to mind).

Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summit County Fair

Thank you for the input! We will definitely check out the fair, as long as the weather is nice.

T

3. Re: Summit County Fair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 01, 2009