We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Making a weekend business trip to Akron. Can anyone recommend good places to eat in the Akron area? I'd love to avoid the standard chain restaurants and find a gem (and an inexpensive one would be even better). Thanks in advance.

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Diamond grille also does not take credit cards, fyi!

Crave is next door to Jacob Good on Market St. and has a more eclectic menu. (A bit pricy, though)

Mentioned in this post
Crave
Crave
285 Reviews
Akron, OH
Akron
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

There is a great restaurant in North Hill. Nick Anthe's. The attention is wonderful and the food absolutely great. I have not been there is 20+ years, but went a couple of weeks ago and had the grilled Halibut (I don't even like fish) and it was to die for. I would go back once a week. The service was great too. I'd highly recommend!!!

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

My favorite is hip Crave, located across from the art museum, for its imaginative global eclectic menu and inventive interior design.

Mentioned in this post
Crave
Crave
285 Reviews
Akron, OH
Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Jacob Good is definitely closed; I'm almost certain that someone told me that Two Amigos closed recently as well.

Next to Crave on Market St. is the Chop House, which has italian food/steaks. It's very good! Bricco and Crave are also excellent. Bricco's martini menu is top-notch, if you're into that sort of thing! The Spaghetti Warehouse is downtown, too, for cheaper eats. Of all, I think LeFever's (in Cuyahoga Falls) is my favorite. Most of these should have menus on line, if that helps you make your decision.

Mentioned in this post
Crave
Crave
285 Reviews
Akron, OH
Bricco
Bricco
161 Reviews
Akron, OH
Spaghetti Warehouse
Spaghetti Warehouse
220 Reviews
Akron, OH
15. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, September 23, 2009