We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Making a weekend business trip to Akron. Can anyone recommend good places to eat in the Akron area? I'd love to avoid the standard chain restaurants and find a gem (and an inexpensive one would be even better). Thanks in advance.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

do you know where in Akron? There are some restaurants in downtown Akron - one is called Piatto's - very nice upscale Italian restaurant, a really nice restaurant (expensive) in Cuyahoga Falls called Lefevers - right in downtown Cuyahoga Falls and has views of the falls. Also, there is a Cajun / Italian Restaurant in Cuyahoga Falls called Russos - excellent. Downtown Akron also has Peter Jacobs - very nice. The Spagetti Company is located in downtown Akron and is very inexpensive. Your hotel (where are you staying) should have a list of restaurants too.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

There's a small Italian place called Luigi's in downtown Akron

( 105 N Main St; Akron, OH 44308; (330) 253-2999) that is definitely worth finding.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Luigi's is a great restaurant but be aware that they don't take credit cards. ... you need cash.

Akron, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Bricco in Akron, is upscale and inexpensive, if you go on Monday or Tueday they have retail wine night so you can get great wine for very cheap!

I think Luigi's is overrated in my opinion, more for drunk college kids after a long night on the town. The sauce is sour and tastes like its out of a can.

If you want good Italian go to Piatto, its way more expensive, but worth it. Try the butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter sauce its amazing.

Also for Italian if you are able to get to Hudson (about 10 miles North of Akron) go to D'Agneses Tomato Grille! Same prices as Bricco and great homemade Italian food.

Good luck hope you have a great trip.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

I have been wanting to explore Akron restaurants and establishments for a while now, and have yet to do so. When I ask people from the area, they tell me Highland Square is beautiful urban neighborhood with a very eclectic mix of fine restaurants (no chains). I don't have any specific recommendations, but I'm told the area is located on on West Market Street between Portage Path and Merriman Road.

Another place in the Akron area, is Hudson. I have relatives there, and go there every now and then. Hudson is an upper-income community that serves residents working in Akron and Cleveland. The community is one of Northeast Ohio's most charming historic "Connecticut Western Reserve" towns. Around the intersection of First and Main Streets there are many unique restaurants and shops. Main Street is also Rt.91, so if you take Rt.91 North from Akron, it may be less than a half hour drive. There is a website for First and Main in Hudson that might help: http://www.firstandmainhudson.com/

Akron, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Hightland Square is great, there are some great places to visit there. Angel Falls Coffee house is great also 2 Amigos has great Mexican. There is also a great record store and clothing store there, I can't think of the names of them off the top of my head, but definately worth visiting.

An Akron mainstay is Ken Stewarts, VERY expensive, but worth it. They have a great bar with friendly people and bartenders.

The Valley is also a great place to hang out. Saffron Patch is good and reasonably priced.

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

We've enjoyed Bricco and LeFever's (LeF may be my favorite-- nice views of the river and small falls), and also Crave on West Market St. close to downtown.

akron,ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

If you go to Hudson, a great place is Noble House. I think its the best Chinese food I've ever had, high quality ingredients and served by a friendly staff. The owners' father was a high ranking official and his picture presides over the dining room. I also like Marcelita's Mexican Restaurant. If you are at Highland Square try Angel Falls for coffee and desert. One of the owners is from Venezuela. All the deserts again are high quality and home-made. Not far away is West Point Market, a fantastic grocery store. They have a cafe and the finest selection of wines, cheeses and much, much more! Last but not least is Jaspers. Not far away from Highland Square. I like to eat in the bar, because they have such great service. Great food by Chef Johnny.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Ken Stewarts and Vicarro Tratoria are excellent.

Northeast
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Places to Eat in Akron?

Nobody mentioned the Diamond Grille on Market Street?? Talk about a mainstay! The place looks like it's abandoned but it has the best steaks in Akron. Period. It is expensive though, so beware.