We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible Company

DC
1 post
Save Topic
Terrible Company

Outer Beaches Realty has been a TERRIBLE company to work with! We decided to take a family vacation this year to the beach and rented 2 houses to accommodate our large extended family. We informed the company close proximity was a must. What’s the point of family vacations if you don't get to spend time together? We signed contracts on 2 houses that were next door, but after we signed one of the houses pulled their contract with Outer Beaches and now the house will not be available. The company has do nothing to accommodate our pre-booked vacation. Whatever happened to customer service? I say they need a refresher. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Vacations should be stress free. If that is what you are looking for find another company to help.

Edited: 9:26 am, July 24, 2012
Youngstown
Level Contributor
94 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible Company

It is my understanding under NC law that all existing contracts have to be honored. Maybe OBX200 will come across this and comment as one of the destination experts and a NC resident.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible Company

I asked on the other forum for more info on the house, when the rental contract was filled out and what the house address was so i could look it up. I have not heard back anything.

True about rentals must be honored fro 180 days BUT if they are not, and that does happen more than a few times, someone would have to enforce it and that means a law suit. Who pays? How long will it take and who pays? It's a law with false teeth........ :-(

Edited: 10:09 am, July 25, 2012
3. Re: Terrible Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 08, 2013