We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windjammer Inn

Groton, Conneticut
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Windjammer Inn

Hello,

I am trying to plan a trip to Atlantic Beach in Mid-August this year. Does anyone have an opinion on the Windjammer Inn? Can anyone recommend nice oceanfront lodging in the area? ALl adults visiting - no children. I have read good and bad about the major chains but thought the Windjammer looked pretty good.

Thank you

Wilson, NC
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Windjammer Inn

Hi,

I have been staying at the Windjammer Inn for almost 20 years... I wouldn't stay anywhere else. All the rooms are oceanfront; very quiet and relaxing; nice pool. No bar or resturant though; no bells and whistles. The website pictures seem to have been taken many years ago although last summer when I was there, they had started to remodel some. ( It's no dump by no means). I hope this helps.

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windjammer Inn

We have been getting away to Atlantic Beach for a couple of decades. We literally drive right by Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks to get there. We just spent 3 nights at the Windjammer and were very pleased. We had a king/jacuzzi room that was rather spacious and the jacuzzi was great adult fun. Reasonable rates, the place is in rather good shape, good housekeeping and it's a mom and pop operation. We normally stick with chains when we can but we are definitely going back to this place. BTW, if you are looking for great food, try AJ's in Morehead City (out toward Wal-Mart on 70). Much better food and service than the waterfront places. The locals eat there.

3. Re: Windjammer Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach