We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Carolina Surf

Which Atlantic Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
North Carolina Surf

Hi I was wondering what the surf is like along the North Carolina coast. I know the surf is quite rough (for me) alonf the outerbanks but do not know about the rest of the coastline.

Being elderly I do not like rough surf and perfer the surf found on HiltonHead island. However it would be nice to be able to visit some other place.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Carolina Surf

It really depends a lot on weather and other conditions, but that being said, you might enjoy some of the more southerly NC beaches like Holden, Ocean Isle and Sunset.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Carolina Surf

^ Yep, as pancho said, the surf can be rough just about anywhere given the right weather conditions, but in general the southern beaches are not as rough as the Outer Banks beaches, and the water is warmer.

3. Re: North Carolina Surf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, June 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach