We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat

Belleville, ON
3 posts
1 review
Best places to eat

I will be in the Atlantic Beach area during the middle of March and one of the things my husband and I are most excited about is seafood. Where are the best places to both buy raw seafood and to go out to eat? Thanks!

Walnutport...
Level Contributor
43 posts
163 reviews
1. Re: Best places to eat

Hello There!

My family and I have been to Atlantic Beach several times. One of the best places to eat in Atlantic Beach is P.D. Shooters. It is on Fort Macon Dr. They have excellent seafood and steaks. The portions are a good size also. Hope you have a good time!

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Best places to eat

The Morehead City (across the bridge and hang a right) waterfront has a heritage of good seafood restaurants. Several have been serving tourists for half a century (Capt. Bills, Sanitary Market, etc). There is a place frequented by the locals, and I do mean frequented, AJ's on Hwy 70 on the western edge of Morehead. All I can say is give them a try. The quality of their food is much better than the big places relying on their location and reps. I've never had better seafood.

greensboro nc
Level Contributor
141 posts
3. Re: Best places to eat

Beaufort Greocery---in Beaufort---cross the bridge like you're going to Morehead City, take a right at the light and you'll go right into Beaufort. I don't like ANY AB restaurants--definitely try Beaufort

NC
Level Contributor
573 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Best places to eat

what are some good places to eat in beaufort?

Also are their any really good italian places around this area?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Best places to eat

We have a house in Atlantic Beach and eat out (and cook) a lot.

To buy fresh seafood, Atlantic Beach Seafood on the causeway is the place. Nice family-run business, they'll share their own recipes. They also have fabulous homemade pies.

The best restaurants in Atlantic Beach (which doesn't really have a lot of great restaurants) are Island Grille, Amos Mosquitoes (good for kids), and Crab's Claw.

The best Italian restaurant in the area (and one of the best restaurants, period) is A Taste of Italy (formerly Pizzuti's) on 70 in Morehead. Wonderful veal, seafood, pasta.

In the general area (Atlantic Beach/Morehead/Beaufort), the best restaurants are Windandsea in Morehead, and Front Street Grill at Stillwater, Aqua and Blue Moon Bistro in Beaufort. All feature local seafood but in upscale settings with creative preparations.

6. Re: Best places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach