We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

Greenville, North...
1 post
1 review
Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

My family just wanted to post this link to our review in hopes that we can help any other families in the future from being ripped off. There are many places to rent from in Atlantic Beach so don't waste your money with Atlantic Sun Properties. It is by far the worst experience and customer service that we have encountered.

…yahoo.com/info-28616568-nagy-patti-atlantic…

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

I too have a join in this warning. We rented from Atlantic Sun Properties a few years ago for a two week period because they had the best prices. Just trying to save a little money when the economy went flat. When we arrived, we discovered that the unit had mold issues. I'm allergic to mold so I call the booking agent with no resolution. So sad, TOO BAD, nothing else is available and you can't cancel at this point. Fortunately I had antihistimines with me so I had slight breathing issues and hives and we stayed out of the unit enough that I wasn't hospitalized.

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

NEVER IN MY LIFE....WHAT A JOKE! I will do by best to warn any future tenants of this company and to stay as far away from them as possible. They are completely unprofessional, disrespectful and nothing but a bunch of liars. This is a family run company, with the owner being Patty and her two daughters helping her out. Or -- shall I say "running" the company as Patty is never available if there are concerns, nor will she EVER call you back if you have a problem. My family and I came down for the week of July 15 and stayed in Imagine, a 1 row back oceanview duplex. This is such a beautiful property and the location ideal, but the only problem is that Altantic Sun Properties is the company managing it while the owners are away part of the year. Due to their poor lack of cleanliness and respect for the property, the house is filthy, dusty, hairy and in just poor condition. Oh -- did I mention....it's INFESTED with FLEAS! When we arrived on Sunday I checked in and received the keys from one of the daughters, Tia....she was very friendly and answered my questions. Once arriving at the house, I inspected it to see if it was up to par for a $2400/week rental. Any human being with a lick of sense would have expected a property at this rate or any other for that matter to be clean. Well, it was anything but. I called Tia at the office and expressed my concerns and she sent the "cleaners" over right away. Which these cleaners turned out to be a woman, probably mid 20's and an appx 12 year old. That is not a cleaning crew to me....obviously since the hosue was filled with clumps of long black animal hair, dust, pubic hairs, grime in the showers, toothpaste splatter on the faucets, grungy counters, and the list is never ending. I gave a list to the "cleaners" when they arrived and they began. Then one of their "supervisors" showed up, which don't be fooled, it's Patty's other daughter Melinda. RUDE RUDE RUDE. Asked me to check once they had finished with my list....which took them about 15 minutes to run through. I showed concern that it was still not clean and took a wet washrag and ran it along a portion of the would floor and wiped up black hair funk. I told her there is no way a house that had been cleaned well should look like this. I told her I just wanted it done right. This filthiness had obviously accumulated over a period of time and was not just from one week. I told the "supervisor" (aka Melinda) that there was animal hair everywhere....she expressed, "You have a dog."

One - I had been there 15 minutes and

Two- My dog is tan short haired, not black long hair.

Are you kidding me? What a joke! She said, "Well we did the list of what you wanted, I don't know what you want us to do..." It was obvious these concerns were not going to be attended to, "I said you know what forget it...just get out...." It wasn't until later that I realized my dog was covered in fleas and spoke to many neighbors in the area that the house had been occupied by a couple for about 7 weeks that had 3 pets, including a cat...which would explain the clumps of hair everywhere. Also, from chit chatting with the surrounding area, we realized that a couple had been there 2 weeks previously to us, checked in on Sunday afternoon and were gone by the same Sunday night. They had a toddler with them who had been eaten alive by fleas, so they left. Completely unacceptable. Throughout the week we made NUMEROUS attempts to contact Patty at the rental company, of course running into continual dead ends. Melinda tends to be the one answering the phones and makes excuses after excuses for her mother....such as: "She's in meetings. I gave her your number to call you." Finally mid-week we decided to go up there and of course when we enter the office, there sits Melinda, obviously unenthused to see us. Unhelpful, rude, snappy, unprofessional are some adjectives that come to mind as far as her business skills are concerned. Excuses after excuses is all we heard. "I gave my mom, I mean Patty your number," she said. My mother and I both said, "Well she hasn't called." Melinda of course seemed surprised, but I'm sure knew her mother had no intentions of handling responsibilities as a business owner. I said, "So what if she doesn't call by today?" She responded, "She'll call you today." NEVER GOT A CALL. We then mentioned the 7 week stay tenants and that we knew the house was infested with fleas. She claimed that house had been cleaned for 3 days and that couple left the end of June. One - no way a house looks like that after being cleaned for 3 days and Two - Wow, the end of June, that was only 2 weeks prior....and the week previously was the toddler incident. We also expressed our concerns with the AC, as it was struggling to stay at a comfortable temperature like 72-74. (The house has 2 units) Melinda asked what we had it set on and we told her 72, but reading between 80-83. She told us it was because it shouldn't be set any lower than 74 or it can freeze up. If that was indeed the case then that should be noted above the thermostats (DUH!) The house couldn't get below 75 on any floor. Also, neighbors in the area, let us know that the units were rather old and are probably on the last leg. If you look at the units compared to nearby homes, you'll see what I mean. Loud and rusted are Imagine's. There are continual things I could list about this company, but I think it might accumulate into a novel. I am trying to reach anyone out there that may be considering, or have booked with Atlantic Sun Properties to PLEASE reconsider. You will be wasting your money and will accrue nothing but stress and frustration. This is hands down this most UNPROFESSIONAL company I have ever worked with. I will be spreading the word elsewhere about this company and warn anyone you know about them. Atlantic Sun Properties is a SCAM. Atlantic Sun Properties = REMEMBER THE NAME and STAY AWAY! Like I said, what a BEAUTIFUL property, but what a shame Atlantic Sun Properties is handling it's renting. I'll be returning as Bluewater GMAC customer next year....they rock!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

1000% agree, Totally horrible, awful,horrendous and any other rotten word you can come up with. Would use one of their units again if it was FREE

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

NEVER IN MY LIFE....WHAT A JOKE! I will do by best to warn any future tenants of this company and to stay as far away from them as possible. They are completely unprofessional, disrespectful and nothing but a bunch of liars. This is a family run company, with the owner being Patty and her two daughters helping her out. Or -- shall I say "running" the company as Patty is never available if there are concerns, nor will she EVER call you back if you have a problem.

We stayed in the property Imagine. Filthy, Hairy and infested with fleas are only the start....this biggest issue is with the owner and her daughter Belinda. Tia was at least not disrespectful unlike the other 2.

RUDE RUDE RUDE. Never returned any phone calls about our concerns!

There are continual things I could list about this company, but I think it might accumulate into a novel. I am trying to reach anyone out there that may be considering, or have booked with Atlantic Sun Properties to PLEASE reconsider. You will be wasting your money and will accrue nothing but stress and frustration. This is hands down this most UNPROFESSIONAL company I have ever worked with. I will be spreading the word elsewhere about this company and warn anyone you know about them. Atlantic Sun Properties is a SCAM.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

CORRECTION: Would NOT use one of their units again if it was FREE.

What a difference one word makes!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

Spectrum Properties not so great either. I stayed once in Emerald Isle and I think it was Emerald Isle Reality that was great--early check in, drive thru check out, ice cream for the kids, nice and friendly. At Spectrum they were short, not so friendly and have a lot of threats throughout their literature for charges if you don't clean dishes, lose a key, don't take out trash, etc., etc. even though they say before you book that you don't have to do anything.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. A quick internet search reveals quite a few unahppy customers. While I've never used them, I just planned a two week vacation to this area and specifically avoided this company because of the bad reviews posted here and on the internet. Hopefully they will see these posts and do something to change the way they do business.

hughesville, md
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

Spectrum Properties has horrible rentals!! I would rather camp on the beach!! I am amazed at what they charge!! Also be aware that they are very shifty and will charge you for issues that have been ongoing from one renter to the next. They are a very dishonest company. My advice is take pictures when you arrive so you can try to prove to them that the issues were already existing. I am sure many of their units would not pass a fire marshall inspection!! Just steer clear of them if you want to avoid grief!! I have had nothing but great experiences with Atlantic beach realty and Emerald Isle realty. Stick with the pros !!! Spectrum is no more than a clip joint!!

Roanoke, Virginia
1 post
9. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I booked with this company, Atlantic Sun, despite these comments. We had friends that have stayed with them for years and they came highly recommended. We took a chance and booked with them. We stayed with them for 2 weeks and had one of the best vacation experiences we ever had. Those women were really great. They helped with everything and even came to rescue a bird on the beach and take it to their local wildlife refuge when my young daughter found it stranded on the beach. Every time we called for a good place to eat, or a rainy day adventure, they were "spot on"! I will stay with Atlantic Sun every opportunity I have.

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
10. Re: Atlantic Sun Properties- don't waste your time or money!

softballmomjjj said don't waste your time or money! Obviously just did not want to have a good vacation.

Atlantic Sun Properties is top notch! We have stayed at multiple rentals-some new and some vintage properties provided by Atlantic Sun Properties and always had a wonderful time! Just check-in and go have fun!

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach