We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical September weather

Typical September weather

My girlfriend and I are planning our first vacation together to Atlantic Beach towards the middle of September. Was curious as to what the weather is normally like that time of year. Also any other recommendations for things to do or romantic spots are appreciated

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
333 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Typical September weather

Hot...humid...close to the peak of hurricane season! But great for time for you to discover your own romantic places!! I mean what could be more romantic than being in a hotel room with no electricity and a raging gale outside....perfect!

Edited: 5:01 pm, August 02, 2011
Atlantic Beach
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
2. Re: Typical September weather

Nice time to visit. School is back in less people here. Yes the weather can be hot but our nights start getting cooler. Come on down and visit us.

Pick one of the small motel to stay at and enjoy the low back life.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Typical September weather

Oh, I think Sept is a great time to go to the beach! It does start to cool off slightly (meaning it might be in the 80s sometimes instead of the 90s), but the water temp is still very warm as opposed to May or June. There is always the possibility of a hurricane, but those can happen in August or occasionally October or July, too.

4. Re: Typical September weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach