We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Beach and Dogs

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Atlantic Beach and Dogs

We're headed to Atlantic Beach and are bringing our 14 lb mutt who LOVES to swim. I can't find much online in regard to good places to go with pets or rules of the beaches etc. We are staying at some condos which I understand have a private beach. Anyway, looking for feedback from people that have vacationed with their pooches!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Beach and Dogs

I don't have a dog, but do vacation in Atlantic Beach. There are dogs on the beach and I think so long as your dog doesn't bother anyone or leave a mess, people don't mind. I see a lot of people walking their dogs in the morning or later at night, as the sand can get quite hot. We stay at Dunescape Villas in August. The sand in the afternoon is too hot to walk on without some sort of flipflop or sandel. Hope this helps. marie

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Beach and Dogs

Dogs are allowed along the beach, though pay attention directly by the AB circle where they are not during the summer months. Otherwise, dogs are permitted. They are by NC state law required to be restrained at all times and the beach patrol will caution you if your dog is running about. However, if you are not in a very populated area of the beach and you are throwing a ball, etc, and pick up after your pet, no one is going to bother you.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Beach and Dogs

And don't forget: carry plastic bags to clean up after your pet.

4. Re: Atlantic Beach and Dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 14, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach