We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

New Jersey
4 posts
Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

Has anyone ever stayed here? It's right on the beach on Fort Macon Rd. and near Peppertree. I'm looking at staying there in June. Can you tell me what Atlantic Beach is like? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

cary, nc
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

We are staying here starting next Sunday (Easter) I will let you know then!

cary, nc
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

We stayed at Sands Villa in April and had a wonderful time.

I highly recommend the condo. We had an oceanfront 2br2bath condo. The indoor pool was clean. There is lots to do on the island--Fort Macon State Park for history buffs, great maritime museum in beaufort, aquarium (fort fisher?) on the island plus the beach!!

We will return!

Mount Airy, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

Sands Villa is really great... we stayed there two summers ago and really loved it.

RECOMMENDATIONS -

Visit the Aquarium - it was just renovated and remodeled!

Go to Morehead City and eat at Mrs. Culpepper's Crab Cafe - best food in the WHOLE WORLD (I still think about it). It is in a strip mall way off the main part of everything -but it is more than worth it. Mrs. Culpepper's husband is a boat captain and catches everything fresh each morning - best crab cakes in the whole wide world and fresh seafood buffet every evening!

- GO TO BEAUFORT to explore this wonderful city

- Beaufort graveyard is one of the oldest in the country and it is soooo picturesque and beautiful - plus it has many ghost stories - take trinkets to put on the little girl's grave who was buried in a huge rum bottle b/c she died on her father's ship and he wanted to preserve the body so he put it inside

- IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE - be sure to go right across from the maritime museum (really good museum that is free) and get a ride (about 12-15 dollars per person per trip) and take rides to SHAKLEFORD BANKS to stay on the island for a while (deserted island!!!!) to see the wild ponies and collect really amazing shells. also get a ride to CAPE LOOKOUT To spend a few hours exploring and visiting the lighthouse

AND get a ride to SANDOLLAR ISLAND to collect the most sanddollars you have ever seen in your life. it is just a sandbar and they will only take you at low tide and they have to pick you up before high tide. take goggles so you can see the many sand dollars beneath the surface of the water on the sound side - I COLLECTED 150 when I went! I layered them in a bucket with plastic grocery bags to keep from breaking then preserved them with water mixed with white glue. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!

-

Mount Airy, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

We also took the Ghost Walk in Beaufort at night and it was really scary..... we saw Blackbeard's house and heard stories about him

5. Re: Sands Villa, Atlantic Beach, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach