We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OBX or Atlantic Beach for Teens and/or Charter Fishing

San Francisco...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
OBX or Atlantic Beach for Teens and/or Charter Fishing

We are thinking of taking our kids (20 & 14) plus a friend each to the NC beach and renting a house for a week. Plus my husband loves to fish, and will want to go on a charter fishing trip. Want to go first part of Aug 2017. Where is the best area, OBX or Atlantic Beach area? Which area would be better for teenagers? Which area better for fishing, that time of year? Any suggestion for things to do for teens other then the beach.

Thanks for your help!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Level Contributor
198 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OBX or Atlantic Beach for Teens and/or Charter Fishing

Well...you can catch a charter in both places to fish so i don't think that will be an issue. You just said OBX and not a particular area in OBX. I'd say Nags Head and busier towns in OBX may have more to do for teens. There is not a lot of entertainment in Atlantic Beach. I have not experienced a lot of live music and bars in the Atlantic Beach area. Now you can go over to Morehead City waterfront and there's more options for that type of stuff. Atlantic Beach has the usual put put golf and a movie theater. I believe they were updating the boardwalk in AB. Maybe someone that has been to it can let you know the activities. Movies on the beach, music and volleyball. It probably will depend on when you come down. I found this on YouTube from last summer. Looks fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STAP8QfbPM

2. Re: OBX or Atlantic Beach for Teens and/or Charter Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, April 03, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic Beach