We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to Myrtle Beach

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Directions to Myrtle Beach

Any suggestions on the best route to get to Myrtle Beach from Asheboro?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
1. Re: Directions to Myrtle Beach

You can take 220 south to highway 1 to highway 9 - which will take you into N. Myrtle. or you can take 220 south to US 74 - go east to Whiteville and then pick up 701 to Conway and on into Myrtle. Depends if you are going to N. Myrtle, Myrtle, or S. Myrtle. Best wishes.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Directions to Myrtle Beach

Hi, I noticed that you are from Ohio. We are from Michigan and have been going to Myrtle Beach the last 5 or 6 years. Now I don't know if there is a reason that you want directions from Asheboro, and I know if you map quest going to M. Beach everyone direcion will show you to go thru Ashboro. However, if you aren't going that way for a reason, I can tell you a quicker route that will save you time, and is much eaiser to follow. Once you are on i-77 take it all the way into S. Carolina to I-20 take that east (towards Florence).

Florence is where you would of ended up if you came in from Asheboro. The problem coming in from Asheboro to Florence it will be mostly surface streets, of 2/4 lane highways. You will have to make several turns, and will go thru small towns. Watch your speed---cops love you! The way I am telling you, you will drive maybe 45 miles more---but it is all expressway, and no turns to mess you up. We have cut down our drive time by 2 hours going I-77 to I-20. Do yourself a favor, if you choose my way mapquest from Ohio to Mooresville, NC then make sure you have the exact address to where you are staying and then mapquest it to the exact direction. You want to try and avoid taking highway 501 all the way into downtown M. Beach. There are a couple of "bypass's" you might be able to use to get to where you are staying.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Directions to Myrtle Beach

I chose directions from Asheboro to MB because I thought we would stay in Asheboro overnight on our way to the beach. We have young kids so breaking up the trip is better for us. I have heard several different ways and am always interested in finding out a quicker way to get places. The 77 to 20 route sounds great- I'm going to look into that. Thanks!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Directions to Myrtle Beach

When we come in from Michigan we actually stay in Mooresville, NC. This is a very nice area. Lot's of nice hotels (we usuhally stay at the Wingate-has indoor pool, hot tub, good breakfast, and several places to eat that are walking distance. I don't know how Asheboro is but, right before that is Greensboro---be careful on where you stay in that area. The first exit for Greensboro, is kinda of run down, the next exit was nice. Also, if you decide to take my way you may want to avoid Statesville, We have found that Mooresville is much nicer. It is "Race Car Capital" this is where a lot of the Nascar shops are, a lot of the drivers live. Also, Lake Norman is right there. This is a VERY nice area. There are quite a few nice hotels here. We are kinda of picky, because we are towing a pop-up and want a place that once we are park that we can just walk to dinner. I know there was a Hardees, a nice steak house (Longhorns?) a Hooters all just a few steps from the hotel. Also, there were several other places that you can drive to. The next day your drive to Myrtle should be around 4 hours or so. Try Mapquest (or whatever driving directions) Again map it to your EXACT hotel address. You want to avoid taking hwy 501 all the way into downtown M.Beach if possible. This is 6 or 7th year of us going down and we really like taking the 77 to 20 route. It is a MUCH easier drive and not so many turns.