We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping ?

Lydbrook, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tipping ?

I know there is a rough guide to tipping , but what about at the all inclusive hotels ?

I have seen many a story on the forums stating if you don't tip you wont get good service .

Now I know some people will say it never happened to them but a lot of people claim it has happened to them .

As British man in my late forties I think this might be the case .

So whats the tipping rate for bar staff ? waitress staff ? cleaners etc ?

I could go on about how I don't get tipped in my job , to which people will say they don't get paid enough , well I don't get paid enough either .

any way enough off the rant I will tip just to make my holiday better so some advice please .

oh i'm going to the Kadikale resort if that helps .

cheers all

Mentioned in this post
Kadikale Resort
Kadikale Resort
1,084 Reviews
Turgutreis, Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tipping ?

i have never seen anyone tip at all inclusive hotels, so the staff wouldn't expect to be tipped neither.it is a nice resort anyways and i dont think you will have any problem with quality of service even without tipping.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tipping ?

H, turfdude,

No, you are not supposed to tip the service staff but it would be very wrong to say that they do not expect to be tipped. Actually, an average employee working at an all-inclusive establishment works much more than an average employee who works at a regular hotel. They do their best to make your vacation comfortable and enjoyable. So, tipping them would be great way of giving your thanks for their hard work. I generally give a total of 50 lira (for one week stay) for the bar staff and 50 lira for the wait staff. I do not tip the staff individully. I leave my tip in the tip-box. I also leave 20 lira on our bed for the housekeeping before we leave our room. That makes 120 lira (ca GBP45) altogether and I think it is fair enough.

Hope this helps,

Borus

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tipping ?

I agree, the staff do expect tips, in fact they probably rely on tips to boost their wages. As far as I know AI hotels have tip boxes where you put the tips in at the end of your stay.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
863 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tipping ?

i pesonally tip when its warranted,usally 20 lira at a time.only when i get good service of a certain waier or waiterss.over a week.i wouldnt put a tip in a box just in case the management get it.its more of a personal thanks for your servive then leaving in a box.plus if you had bad service from a member of staff there benefitting from it...yes we always stay AI

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tipping ?

In a lot of places the staff are all expected to put tips into the main tip box anyway. That way the people behind the scenes get a share too.

6. Re: tipping ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 10, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics