We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Ephesus

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Ephesus

Hello everyone,

We are staying at La Blanche at the beginning of July (cannot wait!!!) and my partner and I would love to visit Ephesus.

Can you recommend whether it would be better to book with a travel agent in the UK or book whilst we are there? I've heard there are so travel shops around Turgutreis so wondered if it would be better/cheaper etc to book with them.

Just thinking of prices etc...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nicolle.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Ephesus

Hi

Book when you get here, it will be cheaper. As you noted there are plenty of reputable and reliable agents in Turgutreis. I've used Turgutreis Tours in the past, but haven't used them in a while so perhaps others can give more up to date info.

Sue

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
162 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Ephesus

There is an agent virtually opposite the hotel but I used the one on the corner of bar street and the promenade as you walk along it towards the town centre. I used them for several trips with absolutely no problems.

The one thing I would advise is make sure you are well prepared for the trip. It was very hot when I went in the middle of May so I can only imagine what it will be like in July! There is very little shade and lots of people vying for it so you need a hat, lots of sun cream and take plenty of water.

Well worth the effort though.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Ephesus

Don't book from the UK as you will end up paying more for the trip. There are plenty of places to book when you get there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Ephesus

Thanks for all the replies!

montehampster....Thanks for the tip, can you remember the name of the agent you used?

5. Re: Trip to Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
More Turgutreis Topics